Practical Payroll : How to Set up Payroll for a Small Business
This course takes you through a step by step explanation with examples of all the rules and regulations needed to manage your monthly payroll. Relevant laws and regulations in the Employment Act 1955 related to payroll calculations will be covered in detail.
The course will provide a thorough explanation of the the procedures and regulations for handling EPF, SOCSO, EIS, HRD and PCB calculations. This includes calculations as well as how to submit the relevant monthly reports. Extra time will be allocated to provide a deeper understanding of PCB calculations.
By the end of the day you will have all the knowledge needed to manage your company’s monthly payroll calculations.
Finally we will guide you to setup and generate your company payroll using payroll software. Step by step individual guidance will be given to set up allowances, deductions and overtime calculations. At the end of the course you will generate pay slips and all the reports using the payroll software.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in managing the company payroll including, Managers, Owners, Entrepreneurs and Payroll Processors
LEARNING OUTCOME :
At the end of the session, participants will be able to
- Understand payroll processing regulations to be complied by employer with reference to EA1955.
- Fully understand EPF, SOCSO, EIS, HRD and PCB calculations and relevant laws and regulations.
- Generate complete monthly payslip and reports using payroll software.
- Free Actpay software for participants.
- Software only runs on Windows PC.
- Please bring along your laptop.
Course : Understanding Payroll Processing
Date : 13 August 2022
Time : 9:30amd to 5:30pm
Location : KL Eco City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Trainers : Course will be conducted by 2 trainers, both with more than 30 years experience implementing payroll systems.
Course Fees : RM1300 ( HRD Corp Claimable )
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO PAYROLL
- What is EA1955 (act265)
- What is statutory (EPF, SOCSO, EIS, PCB)
- Which allowances/deductions influenced by Statutory and EA1955?
- Why it is important to comply?
MODULE 2: CLAUSES IN EA 1955 RELATED TO PAYROLL
- Definition of wages
- Ordinary rate of Pay calculation
- Deduction from Wages
- Rest day & Public Holiday wages
- Holidays & Annual Leave
- Medical Leave
MODULE 3: MONTHLY WAGE CALCULATIONS
- Wage Periods
- Rest day, Public Holiday and Normal Overtime
- Maternity Pay
- Unpaid Leave
- Payment in Lieu of Notice
- Payment for Annual Leave
MODULE 4: EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND (EPF)
- Obligations on Employers and Employees
- Monthly Contribution Rate
- Other matters
MODULE 5: SOCIAL SECURITY ORGANISATION’S (SOCSO)
- Category 1 Contributions
- Category 2 contributions
- Wages subject to SOCSO deductions
MODULE 6: EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE SYSTEM (EIS)
- EIS Registration
- Benefits & Claims
MODULE 7: HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT FUND (HRDF)
- Rate of Levy
- HRDF Application
MODULE 8: INCOME TAX DEDUCTION
- Definition of Remuneration for PCB
- Benefits-in-Kind (BIK)
- Value of Living Accommodation (VOLA)
- Allowable Deductions and Rebate
- Personal Deductions (TP1 Form)
- New Staff (TP3 Form)
- Bonus / Additional Remuneration Calculation
- Year end EA Form, E Form and PCB II Form
MODULE 9: MAINTAINING PAYROLL SYSTEMs
- Year-end reports and statutory requirements
- Data / Files to be kept for Audit
- Safe keeping of files for 7years
PRACTICAL PAYROLL PROCESSING USING SOFTWARE
- Payroll software will be supplied in thumb drive
- Software runs on windows pc
- Please bring laptop for fully benefit from course
MODULE 10: PAYROLL SOFTWARE BASICS
- Adding Employees and basic information
- Monthly payroll procedures
- Monthly payslip and reports
MODULE 11: SET UP ALLOWANCES AND DEDUCTIONS
- Settings for EPF/SOCSO/EIS and PCB
- Settings for EA Form
- TP1 Form Deductions
MODULE 12: OVERTIME AND NO PAY LEAVE
- Ordinary rate of Pay
- Rest day and Public Holiday
- Absent and No Pay Leave Deductions
MODULE 13: PCB CALCULATIONS
- Employee Category, Marital Status and Children
- Allowances Exempt from PCB
- Bonus and Additional Remuneration
MODULE 14: OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Track Annual and Medical Leave
- Recurring Allowances and Deductions
- Import and Setup Initial Data
SUMMARY AND Q&A
- Advice on running payroll software
- Explanation of payroll settings
- Questions on rules and regulations